JAY - Delaware County Commissioners approved plats, purchased equipment and transferred funds during their meeting Monday morning.
Commissioners approved the platting of a new subdivision known as Red Oak Estates and a subdivision known as Villas Del Lago. Both subdivisions will have private roads, not to be maintained by the county. Red Oak Estates is located in District #2 in the Lake Road #3 area and Vilas Del Lago is located in the Cleora area. Tabled for one week was the approval of a subdivision to be known as Fox Point.
Four bids were received on the lease purchase of a motor grader for District #3. The bids ranged from $144,991 to $169,590. The matter was tabled until next weeks meeting for review by the board.
In other matters concerning the county:
• Funds were transferred for the Monkey Island Fire Department in the amount of $12,000 from their Capital Outlay Account into Maintenance & Operation.
• Bernice Fire Department was given the nod to advertise for sealed bids on a tanker truck.
• A new cash account for District #1 for depositing funds from the Federal Emergency Management Reimbursement was set up.
• A blanket purchase order for $200 to Kansas Auto Parts for the Oaks Fire Department was approved.
• A motion to enter into an attendant care agreement with Marlon Joan Milam was given the nod.
• All three commissioners, Ken Crowder, Billy Cornell and Dave Kendrick will be the authorized to sign for all Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) programs for Delaware County.
The next meeting of the Delaware County Commissioners will be held on Mon., Feb. 11 starting at 9 a.m. in the Commissioners Office of the Delaware County Courthouse.