JAY — Delaware County Commissioners took no action on an item concerning a payroll shortfall for Delaware County dispatchers at a regular meeting Monday morning.
Representatives from the Delaware County Sheriff’s Department informed the board that they would need an estimated additional $40,000 to meet payroll for the balance of the fiscal year.
Commissioners will discuss the shortfall again at a later date.
In addition, commissioners declared the first week in May as Oklahoma Home and Community Education Week during their weekly meeting held Monday morning, as well as handling county bridges and roads issues.
OHCE representatives Barbara Denney, Bonnie Rudick and Suzanne Wynn presented the board a proclamation naming this week as National OHCE week, which the board approved and signed.
The board approved the signing of a federal emergency relief project damage statement in District #1 for damages occurring to major collector roads in December 2007 as well as signing an application form with the emergency and transportation revolving fund program for Gault Bridge.
In other matters before the board:
• Commissioners approved a utility permit for rural Water District #1 for a road cut.
• A blanket purchase order to Warrior Arkansas for repairs to a grader for District #3 received the okay.
• A lease purchase agreement between District #3 and the Oklahoma Department of Transportation for the purchase of a backhoe/loader for the amount of $70,000 was approved.
• Funds were transferred for the Delaware County Assessor’s office in the amount of $5,000.
• Tabled was a motion to discuss possible approval of a security plan for the Delaware County Courthouse until further financial information can be obtained.
• No action was taken concerning payroll for Delaware County dispatchers. Representatives from the Delaware County Sheriff’s Department informed the board that they would need an additional estimated $40,000 to meet payroll for the balance of the fiscal year.
The next meeting of the Delaware County Commissioners will be held on Monday, May 11 starting at 9 a.m. in the Commissioners Office of the Delaware County Courthouse.