Here are five things to know from the Grove City Council Regular Meeting on Tuesday, June 2:
1) The City and the Council have amended the State of Emergency Declaration. New provisions will have the Civic Center, Community Center and the Senior Center opening towards the beginning on July. The Civic Center will be opened Saturday, June 27 to accommodate a previously scheduled boxing match and CajunFest. The resolution will be revisited during the June 16 Regular Meeting.
2) The Council voted to retain the services of Darren Cook as the City Attorney.
3) The opening of the Splash Pad has been delayed as it required paint touchups prior to opening. The basketball courts also required new equipment. Both are expected to open either this weekend or the early part of next week.
4) The Grove City Pool will be opened on Saturday, June 5.
5) The Council voted to keep the agreement with the YMCA concerning the use of the City pool for water aerobics classes and swimming classes. The classes will be subject to CDC guidelines for the time being.
For more information on city openings, find City of Grove - City Hall on Facebook.