For the two biggest universities in the state, the season finale of the football teams has yet to be decided.
The University of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State University are on the docket for this weekend, with a chance for the Sooners to be a contender for the College Football Playoffs Championship title.
The Texas Bowl
OSU is currently ranked 25 in the nation with an 8-4 record. The Cowboys will play the Texas A&M Aggies on Friday, December 27 in the Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl.
The Aggies have a 7-5 record, but according to ESPN's matchup predictor, have a 62% chance of topping the Cowboys. Associated Press has A&M winning by a small margin, guessing that the final score will be 31-27.
OSU was on a four game win streak up until Bedlam, where OU bested the Cowboys 34-16. On average, OSU has scored of 33 points per game and have allowed 27 points per game, while A&M has scored 30 per game and have allowed nearly 23 per game.
The Aggies were on a four game win streak, but finished out the season with a 19-13 loss to then fourth-ranked Georgia and a 50-7 loss to LSU, the current top ranked team.
This original Big XII matchup will be played in Houston, Texas on Friday, December 27 at 5:45 p.m. The game will be televised on ESPN.
The Peach Bowl
Fourth-ranked OU will face top-ranked LSU in a battle for a spot at the CFP title game. OU has a 12-1 record, with the lone loss to Kansas State blemishing an otherwise perfect record. LSU has a spotless record at 13-0. The clash of Titans will play in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl on Saturday, December 28.
ESPN's Matchup Predictor has LSU with a 67% chance of winning, leaving a 43% chance of victory for OU.
Stat-wise, LSU scores an average of nearly 48 points per game, while holding their opponents to just 21. OU, on the other hand, scores 43 per game and allows around 24. Both teams have racked up 554 yards of offense this season, but the Tigers have allowed 341 yards, while the Sooners have only allowed 330.
The highly anticipated game will be played in Atlanta, Georgia on Saturday, December 28 at 3 p.m. The game will also be televised on ESPN.
Other Notable Games
• Second-ranked Ohio State Buckeyes (13-0) will play the third-ranked Clemson Tigers (13-0) in the Playstation Fiesta Bowl on Saturday, December 28 at 7 p.m. The winner of this game will move on the the CFP Championship game.
• The eleventh-ranked Utah Utes (11-2) will play unranked Texas Longhorns (7-5) in the Valero Alamo Bowl on Tuesday, December 31 at 6:30 p.m.
• The sixth-ranked Oregon Ducks (11-6) will face the eighth-ranked Wisconsin Badgers (10-3) in the Rose Bowl game presented by Northwestern Mutual on Wednesday, January 1 at 4 p.m.
• The fifth-ranked Georgia Bulldogs (11-2) will play the seventh-ranked Baylor Bears (11-2) in the AllState Sugar Bowl on Wednesday, January 1 at 7:45 p.m.
• The CFP Championship game will be played on Monday, January 13 at 7 p.m.