On Sunday, October 27 the Walk for Life 5K and Fun Run will take place from 2-7 p.m. in Grove.
The race is a fundraiser for Abundant Blessings Center. ABC is a "ministry committed to offering families in the Grand Lake community physical, emotional, and spiritual support, focusing on pregnancy and early childhood related issues. It is our goal to encourage, educate, and empower families toward self-sufficiency. All our services are free and confidential".
ABC has assisted the community in many ways: free pregnancy testing, education on pregnancy and fetal development, adoption options, Material Incentive Program (Earn to Learn), parenting classes (Love & Logic), relationship counseling by trained peer counselors, abortion recovery, providing physical and emotional support for families encountering hardships and through the Christmas Gift Bag program.
The entry fee for the 5K is $25 and the Fun Run is $15. The race will be a chip timed 5K and all entrants will have a time regardless of speed. Runners are encouraged to arrive 30 minutes early.
For more information or to register, visit www.runsignup.com/Race/OK/Grove/ABCWalkForLife
Walk for Life 5k Route
**START at Sports Complex next to baseball field**
· Turn LEFT on 13th street, follow that street
· Turn RIGHT on to Shundi, follow that street (you will be running around Integris Grove Hospital)
· Turn RIGHT on E. 18th Street (Continuing around Integris Grove Hospital) follow that street
· Turn LEFT on Sumac (Across from Bank of Grove) Follow Sumac behind Walmart and Lowes.
· Turn RIGHT on Heffelman Drive. Follow that road until you have reached Grove Dental Associates.
· Once you have reached Grove Dental Associates you will turn around and go back the same route that you started.
Fun Run Route
The 1 mile Fun Run route will consist of the same route as the 5k. However, once the individual has reached the middle of 18th street, at Integris Grove Hospital, they will turn around in the hospital parking lot and head back to the start.