A 40-year-old Grove man is in custody after he allegedly opened fire on the Grove Cinema 7 building.

Christopher Neal Franks was arrested and booked into the Delaware County Jail on Tuesday, March 12, after he was found at a residence at Firebird Mobile Home park on Highway 59.

Initial charges include seven counts of discharging a firearm, which is a felony.

Grove Police Chief Mark Morris said additional charges may be added, once the district attorney reviews the case.

The shooting took place between the time the 4 p.m. movies were finishing, and the start of the 6:45 movies.

At least two employees and a few customers were in the lobby at the time of the incident. No one was injured.

Property damage included a shattered front door, damage to the theatre's sign and damage to the rear windows of an employee's vehicle in the parking lot.

Bob Jones, owner of Grove Cinema 7, said he was grateful none of his employees or customers were injured.

"This is one of those things I never dreamed would happen," Jones said. "I'm thankful they caught him, and that a customer was in the lot and caught the tag number of his vehicle.

"The police were right on it. You can't ask for better than that."

Jones said he was thankful Franks actions came at approximately 6:20 p.m.

"The only time better, would have been if nobody had been there," Jones said. "It was leading up to be an above average Tuesday."

Jones was still working to tabulate the damage to the facility. He said the glass door alone would be more than $1,000.

GPD officers briefly closed the theatre Tuesday evening, in order to process the scene. Jones re-opened the theatre on Wednesday.

More about the shooting

Morris said the Franks allegedly fired into the theatre and car at least seven times.

A witness was able to give law enforcement officials a description of Franks' vehicle, as well as its tag number.

Franks was taken into custody in less than an hour of the incident through a joint effort between the GPD and Delaware County Sheriff's deputies.

Morris said Franks has not given a direct reason for the shooting.

Franks told to arresting officers he was "ticked off," Morris said. Franks also indicated he had recently broken up with his girl friend."

Morris said Franks appeared to be under the influence of alcohol at the time of his arrest.

Members of the Grove PD remain on the scene processing evidence including Detective Mark Sheridan, and Officers Mike O’Herin and Daniel Amendolara.

Morris said he, and other members of the department, were thankful no one was hurt in the incident.