A medical marijuana policy will come before the Grove Public School board of education on Tuesday, Feb. 12.
The policy, drafted by the school’s legal representatives Rosenstein, Fist & Ringold, comes after voters approved SQ 788 last year.
The board will discuss the issue, as well as a myriad of other topics, when it meets at 7 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 12, at the GPS Administration Building. The meeting is open to the public.
Other issues before the board include a discussion regarding the strategic planning CSI process, and the approval of the 2019-20 school calendar, which reflects the minimum of 1,080 hours and 30 hours of staff development.
Board members will also consider revising the district’s wellness police, approving a Ridgerunner Athletic Vision for Excellence group, and the establishment of a Joe Ethridge Memorial fund.
Employment issues before the board include the employment of:
• an eight hour cafeteria cook;
• a full-time night custodian;
• a full-time day custodian;
• transferring two full-time day custodians to full-time day maintenance positions;
• reemployment of current principals and vice-principals, the special services director, the federal programs director, the athletic director and the technology director.