A Delaware County man accused of fatally injuring his infant son was heard on a recorded telephone conversation pressuring the baby’s mother to confess to the fatal injures because she is a juvenile.

Sampson Frye, 19, of Afton is charged in Delaware County District Court with first-degree murder in the death of his 3-month-old son.

The recorded telephone conversations between Frye and the infant’s mother were while Frye was incarcerated in the Delaware County jail, according to an arrest affidavit filed Nov. 29.

The infant’s mother is not identified on the affidavit because she is a minor.

The infant had multiple healing rib fractures, two fresh posterior rib fractures, brain bleed and a blown pupil, the affidavit states.

The blown pupil indicated “obvious signs of foul play,” the affidavit states.

Other telephone conversations between Frye and the infant’s mother indicated the baby was dropped on “several occasions,” the affidavit states.

Frye told investigators the baby’s mother dropped the child the most, the affidavit states. The mother, who admitted to investigators she didn’t abuse the baby but dropped “him multiple times,” the affidavit states.

On Nov. 9 the infant was taken to the INTEGRIS Grove Hospital emergency room for difficulty breathing and was later flown by helicopter to St. Francis Hospital in Tulsa where the infant died, the affidavit states. Frye told investigators he dropped the baby that morning.

Frye told investigators he had seen the baby’s mother shake the infant but failed to intervene, the affidavit states.

Physicians noted signs of “severe Shaken Baby Syndrome,” the affidavit states.

The doctor’s report detailed the baby’s injuries as “cerebral edema, subdural hemorrhages, retinal hemorrhages, bruising and multiple fractures from abusive head trauma/child abuse,” the affidavit states.

The victim’s injuries are inconsistent with normal falls and the healing rib fractures indicates a history of abuse, the affidavit states.

Frye is being held on no bail and is scheduled to return to court on Jan. 7.