The Grove School Board will vote to approve hiring a high school English teacher during this month's regular meeting.
The meeting will take place at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 14 at the Grove Administration Building located on 210 S. Broadway in Grove.
The position will be on a temporary contract.
Also, to be voted on is an assistant varsity football and 8th grade football coach and a Title III bilingual liaison.
The board will vote whether to approve adding 20 days to Technology Director’s contracted days, if approved the added days would be 10 before and 10 days after the calendar year and would be retroactive to the start of this school year.
Other positions to be filled are two night custodians, a bus driver, two paraprofessionals and a teacher’s assistant. The board will also vote to approve transferring a teacher’s assistant to a library clerk.
The board will also vote on a contract with the city of Grove for school resource officers. Earlier this month the Grove city council approved a contract with the school district paying $51,000 for two officers.
Another agreement with the city to be approved are for the Jim Beauchamp Bass Field.
The school board will also vote to approve an independent contractor and services agreement with Integris Jim Thorpe Rehabilitation.
Several committees will be voted on, including short term student suspension, internal activity review, Healthy and Fit Schools Advisory, Safe School and Gifted/Talented Advisory Committee.
The board will also vote on revising the school’s handbook to include:
· Continuing Education for School Board Members.
· Federal Programs and Purchasing & Distribution.
· Title VIII Indian Policies and Procedures and Adopt District and Tribal Community Relations.
· Sale of Surplus Property; Adopt Policy Implementing the Patriotic Access to Students in Schools Act
· Family and Medical Leave to adopt Professional Organization Payroll Deductions and Reporting Threatening Behavior.
· Student Residency; including administration of medicine to students.
· Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation; including grievance procedures and service animals.
· Revise Personal Wireless Devises and Electronic Accounts and adopt Social Media policy.
· Revise Direct Threat.
The board will also vote to approve:
• reinstating semester test exemptions for the Middle School and High School.
• school vehicle quotes.
• negotiations with Grove Classroom Teachers Association.