The Jay School Board approved several items on Thursday, June 14 in connection with Grand Head Start.
The staff’s administrative salary ranges from $18.39 an hour to $20.56 an hour.
A certified teacher’s yearly salary is $32,592, $23.23 an hour for a mentor teacher, $18.90 to $13.36 an hour for teachers with degrees. Other salaries range from $9.40 an hour for a program aid and from $10.03 to $10.53 an hour for a teacher’s assistant.
Kitchen staffs from $9.40 an hour to $13.13 and custodian, $16 an hour.
The board also approved to renew the lease agreement Grand Savings Bank for the Head Start Administration Building for $1,750 a month, an increase over the previous amount of $1,200.
“We have been there four years,” said Natahlie McClelland, director.
The board also approved newly hired Superintendent Larry Shackelford to sign requisition and purchase orders for June.
The board also approved concessions sold will be benefit the Jay Varsity Cheer Booster Club with profits to be used for uniforms, tumbling mats and equipment and for the Spike Club with profits used for supplies, food, shirts and shoes. No concessions can be sold during graduation.
The board also set a special board meeting for June 26 at 7 p.m. for the purpose of closing out the current financial year.
Also approved were hiring Tori Bowzer, upper elementary nurse aide; Shaunda Davis, upper elementary certified instructor; Jesi Morrison, middle school language arts instructor; Sabrina Hitchcock, high school man certified instructor and Jamie Stewart as 21st Century Lead Teacher.
The board also approved the reassignment of Grand Head Start Federal Program Alexandra Speights to teacher assistant at the Miami center and Amanda Marshall to classroom teacher at the Commerce center.
The board also approved:
• the 2017 District Report from the Education Oversight Board/Office of Accountability.
• renewing membership and policy with the Oklahoma State School Boards Association.
• a service agreement with Oklahoma Public Schools unemployment Compensation Trust Account and Oklahoma State School Boards Association.
• to purchase workers’ compensation insurance with Oklahoma School Assurance Group through the Beckman Company.
• to renew a lease purchase of miscellaneous equipment and equipment agreements with Grand Savings Bank for the fiscal year ending June 30.
• a lease agreement with Mail Finance, Inc. – postage machine.
• temporary Appropriations.
• renewing contract with J&J School Services for Impact Aid process.
• the school-hours policy – 1,080 hours for the 2018-19 school year.
• an Agreement for Representation with Rosenstein, Fist and Ringold for legal services.
• renewing contract with Global Compliance Network for bus safety, maintenance, and blood borne pathogens.