A new deputy clerk, and the revised 2017-18 school year, are among the items under consideration when the Grove Public School Board of Education meets this week.
The meeting, set for 7 p.m., on Tuesday, May 8, takes place in the administration office at the corner of Broadway and Third Street.
The deputy clerk position is needed, because the clerk of the board - Terry Jones - will not be available for the special meeting set for Thursday, May 10.
During that meeting, board members plan to set the sale of the transportation bonds, and either a clerk or deputy clerk is needed to be present to sign the documents.
During Tuesday’s meeting the board will consider the revisions to the current school calendar, using the accumulated hours (three days) and changing the last day of school to be Thursday, May 24.
This change allows the district to maintain the required 1,080 hours, 30 of which reflects professional development.
In employment issues, the board will consider filling the following positions for the 2018-19 school year.
• a mid-school principal. This person will replace Pat Dodson, who is moving to become the new district superintendent.
• a lower elementary principal. This person will replace Kelly Trumbull, who has indicated she will retire at the end of the year.
• a technology director.
In other business, the board will discuss applications for temporary appropriations for the the 2018-19 school year.
The board will also consider approving a contract with the Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services, and a memorandum of understanding with Grand Lake Mental Health Center.
The board will also consider:
• a vote to establish a negotiation team for the 2018-19 school year.
• approving a quote on HP Chromebooks.
• approving a quote on ClearTouch Interactive Panels.
• approving a quote on HVAC units.
• approving an activity account to establish an Arvest Foundation Scholarship.