The late-night shooting death of a Monkey Island man has been ruled a suicide, according to a report issued by the Oklahoma State Medical Examiner.

Mike Morrison, 34, from Monkey Island, was found dead of a single gunshot wound to his head on Wednesday, March 7, in the roadway in front of his home on 45 Circle Drive, in Monkey Island.

According to the examiner's report, Morrison died from a gun shot wound to his head. The manner of death was ruled suicide, with the entrance wound on the left temple of Morrison's head. 

The examiner indicated the entrance location of the bullet, as well as the exit location and the direction of the bullet was consistant with suicide.

Morrison's death was under investigation by members of the Delaware County Sheriff's Office after 911 reports begin to come into the department at approximately 7:30 a.m., on March 7, saying a man was laying in the middle of the roadway with a gunshot wound.

According to a release issued by Sheriff Harlan Moore, detectives arrived, secured the area and discovered Morrision dead from a single gunshot wound.

A handgun, as well as a mobile phone, were found near Morrison's body. Gunshot residue tests were conducted on Morrison and other parties located near the scene.

Moore said sheriff's office records indicate four calls to the residence, since the first of February 2018, for domestic violence. A protective order was served on Morrision within the two days prior to the incident and his wife and children had moved from the home.

Moore's release indicates a neighbor "reported Morrison was 'drinking' heavily and stayed with him between midnight and 2 a.m. Wednesday morning. Morrison reportedly tried to get the neighbor to call his estranged wife but neighbor reminded him the protective order prevented that."

Moore's release states Morrision told the neighbor "I’m done, it’s all over; I’m never gonna see my boys or my wife.”

Morrison reportedly got his motorcycle off the porch and was going to leave the home, according to Moore's release, but the neighbor talked him out of it.

Moore said it was learned Morrison usually went to the street to obtain cell phone reception, which was consistent with where he was found, along with his phone.

Morrison's body was turned over to an investigator with the Oklahoma State Medical Examiner's office. His body was transported to the Tulsa office for an autopsy. 

At the time, investigators from the sheriff's office reported evidence consistant with a self-inflicted gunshot wound. However the final determination of cause and manner of death was left to the state medical examiner's office.