A possible transportation bond will come before members of the Grove Public School Board of Education on Tuesday, Nov. 14.
The meeting is set for 7 p.m., at the Grove Administration Building located on 210 S. Broadway.
A previous transportation bond issue, which was mostly earmarked to upgrade the bus fleet, failed to pass in March.
Grove residents voted 425 to 357 for the measure, however the bond failed after not receiving the needed 60 percent approval.
The final tally was 54.35 percent in favor while 45.65 voted against it.
Setting the election
The board will also vote to approve a resolution to hold an election to fill the board position number three. The current board member is Dr. Audrey Crawford. Her term expires in 2018.
The position is for a five-year term.
Several employment positions will be voted on, including an extra duty assignment for head boys’ eighth grade basketball coach, two paraprofessionals, an Independent Schools Inspectorate supervisor, two eight-hour cooks, two bus drivers, a night-time custodian and a day custodian.
Also to be approved is transferring a seven-hour cook to an eight-hour cook, as well as a discussion of superintendent applications.
In financial business, the board will vote whether to approve bids for painting the high school softball bleachers, high school field house and asphalt for the Lower Elementary campus.
Other items to be approved by the school board are:
• 2016-17 audit presentation by Sanders, Bledsoe and Hewett, CPA.
• List of regular board meetings for the 2018 calendar year.
• The Robotics team trip to Little Rock, Arkansas on March 7-10, 2018 to attend the Arkansas "Rock City" Regional Competition.
• The emergency and Disaster and Crisis plans.
• Joint Program Agreement with Northeast Tech in Afton.
• Establishing activity account #944 MS Robotics and #952 MS Gifted and Talented.
• Chromebook Use procedures.