The death of a 20-year-old Jay man has been ruled suicide after a joint investigation by members of the Grove Police Department and Oklahoma Bureau of Investigations.

Lt. Mark Sheridan, GPD detective, said Brody White died from a self-inflicted "non-survivable head wound."

Sheridan said White was staying at a home at 310 South Mill Street in Grove rented by James Sands. 

Sands and two juveniles, the 16-year-old girlfriend of White, and her 14-year-old brother, were at the residence at the time of the incident at 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 3.

According to Sheridan, OSBI was called in to assist in the investigation in order to serve as an "extra set of eyes" to look at the evidence, and because this "incident was the second in its nature to occur in a residence Sands was renting," with the previous suicide taking place in August 2016 at another residence in Grove.

Sheridan said he, along with GPD Detectives Jamie Highley and John Marrow and OSBI Investigator Jeremy Yerton all came to the same conclusion and determined that White's death came at the result of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Sheridan said the 16-year-old female was present in the room at the time of the shooting. Highley's report indicates the pair had been arguing prior to the incident. 

Sheridan said White was taken to INTEGRIS Grove Hospital. Because he previously indicated his desire to be an organ donor, officials with LifeShare Oklahoma were contacted.

"If there is a silver lining in all of this, if you can call it that, others are going to live after his death because of his gift," Sheridan said. 

White was transported by air ambulance to St. John's Health System in Tulsa for transplant process to take place. No additional information concerning the donation was available as of Friday afternoon. 

Sheridan said a "large amount of methamphetamine and marijuana" was found in White's possession by medical personnel at INTEGRIS Grove Hospital. 

Sheridan said the 16-year-old female was considered a runaway from the Leach area. Her brother was in Grove visiting other family members. Officials with the Oklahoma Office of Juvenile Affairs were contacted and the pair were released into the custody of their parents. 

No charges are expected to be filed in connection with the drugs, Sheridan said.