AFTON - From the beginning of Tuesday's matchup between Colcord and Bluejacket in the first round of the Coca-Cola Classic at Afton, it was clear that both the Lady Hornets and the Lady Chieftains were determined to play at a furious pace.

After the first quarter, it was clear that only the Lady Hornets had the depth to sustain it.

Leading 19-11 after the first eight minutes, the Lady Hornets outscored Bluejacket 23-3 in the second period as they cruised to the semifinals with a 74-38 win.

Colcord will face Quapaw, who won over South Coffeyville 72-22, in the semifinals at 4 p.m. Thursday.

The Lady Hornets (2-1) got six points from Emalee Copeland and five more from Jordan Pike in jumping out to an early lead.

The Lady Chieftains, with five points from Samantha Williams and four from Harley Henson, stayed within range, but after Henson hit a three to make it 21-14 early in the second, Bluejacket would not score another point for the rest of the first half.

Colcord took advantage of 12 Bluejacket turnovers in the period as they scored 21 straight points. Pike added seven more points while Shelly Swicegood, who led all players with 17 points and 14 rebounds, added seven of her own.

The Lady Hornets would lead by as much as 30 points at the end of the third period before both teams went to their reserves to close out the game. Colcord forced 30 turnovers and outrebounded Bluejacket 42-31 on the night.

Pike finished 14 points for Colcord, while Kindle Spry added 12 points and six rebounds.

Henson led Bluejacket (3-2) with 11 points, while Williams finished with 10 points and 15 rebounds.

The Lady Chieftains will face South Coffeyville in a consolation matchup at 4 p.m. Friday.

Bluejacket 54, Colcord 44 (boys)

Despite having three players score in double figures, the Hornets were unable to overcome a 12-points fourth quarter deficit in falling to the Chieftains in the boys' game.

Zach Riley got hot early for the Hornets (0-3), scoring eight of their 10 first quarter points as Colcord took a 10-7 lead.

But Bluejacket's Dylan Woods got going in the second period and never slowed down, scoring eight of his game-high 23 points as the Chieftains (2-3) surged to a 21-16 halftime lead.

The Hornets closed within two early in the third period, but a foul on a Woods three-point attempt would lead to a four-point possession for the Chieftains. After Woods made his first two free throw attempts, Dylan Collins got the rebound and the putback to make the score 25-19 less than a minute into the period.

The Hornets, despite several surges in the third quarter, could get no closer than four the rest of the way. Jay Vang hit a pair of threes and Slaten Ford scored four points in the quarter to keep it close, but Woods's steal and layup at the buzzer made it 40-31 heading into the fourth.

The Chieftains would lead by as much as 12 in the final period. Colcord would get within six on another Vang three with less than a minute to play, but despite turning the ball over just twice in the final eight minutes, the Hornets could not find enough offense to complete the comeback.

Vang finished with 11 along with Riley, who was plagued by foul trouble throughout the contest. Ford finished with 10 points and 10 rebounds.

Bluejacket got 13 points and 13 boards from Charlie Reeves, as well as seven points and 10 rebounds from Collins.

The Chieftains will face Quapaw in the semifinals on Thursday at 5:30 p.m. The Hornets will face South Coffeyville in the consolations at 5:30 p.m. Friday.