If you have any information or news about golf please let me know at 918-257-4967 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d like to hear about “Hole-in-Ones” or even “Eagles” and especially “Double Eagles”. Let us know if you shoot your age. That is good news. Any golf news is always good news
OCTOBER 11th- PATRICIA ISLAND and THE GRANDLAKE CASINO Deadline to register is Friday, Oct 2nd, 5 pm. Mark your calendar October 11th, 10 am shotgun start. Patricia Island Golf Club is co-hosting once again the largest local tournament of the year, along with the GRAND LAKE CASINO. Over $100,000.00 in prize opportunities. The golf tournament is followed by a BlackJack tournament at the casino, one hour after conclusion of golf tournament. For full information go to www.patriciaisland.com. The fund raiser helps the following groups: YMCA, CASA, DCCSAN and the Turkey Ford School.
OCTOBER 12th - THE GRAND LAKE AREA CHAMBER of COMMERCE at Patricia Island Golf Club, Grove. Tee Time is at 8:30 am. There are lots of prizes and a great goodie bag. Contact the chamber to sign up or sponsor at 918-782-3214 or email to email@example.com.
Congrats to Mickelson
Phil M. has challenges that a normal man should not have to face. His wife has been diagnosed with cancer. Then he goes out and faces the world’s best golfers and wins the years last big tournament. He moved up to a solid 2nd in the Fedex finale behind the Tiger. Tiger won the Fedex points and pockets more money than I care to list here.
GOLF TIP of the WEEK
Before you play or even hit on the driving range, stretch your muscles and body as much as you can. This past week I played in a high school reunion golf tournament and did not stretch adequately and WOW did I pay the price. It doesn’t matter if your younger or older, the body has to be prepared to meet the challenge.
GOLF JOKE(S) of the WEEK
From my good friends Jim Baird (and Beverly Moss):
Everyday's Golfing Smiles
- Golf is harder than baseball. In golf, you have to play your foul balls.
- Eight Iron: Off the seventh tee, Joe sliced his shot deep into a wooded ravine. He took his eight iron and clambered down the embankment in search of his lost ball. After many long minutes of hacking at the underbrush, he spotted something
glistening in the leaves. As he drew nearer, he discovered that it was an
eight iron in the hands of a skeleton! Joe immediately called out to his friend, "Jack, I've got trouble down here!"
"What's the matter?" Jack asked from the edge of the ravine.
"Bring me my wedge," Joe shouted. "You can't get out of here with
an eight iron.
-School: The schoolteacher was taking her first golfing lesson. "Is the word spelled p-u-t or p-u-t-t?” she asked the instructor. "P-u-t-t is correct,” he replied.
"Put means to place a thing where you want it. Putt means merely a vain attempt to do the same thing."
- Secretary: The owner of a golf course was confused about paying an invoice, so he decided to ask his secretary for some mathematical help. He called her into his office and said, 'You graduated from the University of Tennessee and I need some help. If I were to give you $20,000, minus 14%, how much would you take off?' The secretary thought a moment, and then replied, 'Everything but my earrings.'
- Fore! “: My five-year-old nephew wanted to caddy for my brother's golf game.
"You have to count my strokes," my brother told him. "How much is six plus nine plus eight?" "Five," answered the nephew. "Okay," my brother said, "let's go."
- Golf can best be defined as an endless series of tragedies obscured by the occasional miracle, followed by a good bottle of beer.
- Golf! You hit down to make the ball go up. You swing left and the ball goes right. The lowest score wins. And on top of that, the winner buys the drinks.
- Trouble: If you find you do not mind playing golf in the rain, the snow, even during a hurricane, here's a valuable tip: your life is in trouble.
- Golfers who try to make everything perfect before taking the shot rarely make a perfect shot.
- The term 'mulligan' is really a contraction of the phrase 'maul it again.'
- A 'gimme' can best be defined as an agreement between two golfers …neither of whom can putt very well.
- An interesting thing about golf is that no matter how badly you play; it is always possible to get worse.
- Golf's a hard game to figure. One day you'll go out and slice it and shank it, hit into all the traps and miss every green. The next day you go out and for no reason at all you really stink.
- If your best shots are the practice swing and the 'gimme putt', you might wish to reconsider this game.
- Golf is the only sport where the most feared opponent is you.
- Golf is like marriage: If you take yourself too seriously it won't work, and both are expensive.
- The best wood in most amateurs' bags is the pencil.
- Scratch Golfer: Two women were put together as partners in the club tournament and met on the putting green for the first time. After introductions, the first golfer asked, "What's your handicap?" "Oh, I'm a scratch golfer," the other replied. "Really!" exclaimed the first woman suitably impressed that she was paired up with her. "Yes, I write down all my good scores and scratch out the bad ones!"
Keep it in the Middle!