JAY – Delaware County Commissioners accepted bids, made payments and set cash for January during their meeting Monday morning.
Jesse Jones submitted the winning bid for janitorial services for the coming year for the courthouse, sheriff’s department, election board and the community center. Jones came in with the lowest bid at $3,500 a month for their services.
MidWest Printing, the only bidder for printing election ballots received the winning bid to print ballots for the election board and several bids were accepted for road materials, supplies and tire recapping for a six-month period.
Commissioners approved a resolution requesting more money for the Gault Bridge Project in the amount of $118,359.17.
Highway cash was set in for the month of January with each district receiving $59,381.93 for the month compared to $63,285.41 set for last month and blanket purchase orders for January was also approved.
Rose & McCrary requested and received payment for two engineering projects that included $10,500 for the Saline Creek Bridge and $15,000 for the Dry Creek Bridge, both bridges are located in the Kenwood area.
In other business:
• The revised five-year road and bridge plan was approved.
• A grader will be salvaged and taken out of inventory for District #2.
• 4-State Drug will be administering drug and alcohol testing for county employees.
• Funds in the amount of $15,000 was transferred from Capital Outlay into Maintenance & Operation for the Monkey Island Fire Department.
• A motion to discuss the Delaware County employee Personnel Policy Handbook was tabled and no action was taken to advertise for sealed bids on the lease purchase of a 10-wheel truck for District #1 through the revolving fund.
The next meeting of the Delaware County Commissioners will be held on Mon., Jan. 4, 2010 at 9 a.m. in the Commissioners Office of the Delaware County Courthouse.