December 12, 2011 has been declared as Dr. Rollin Bland M.D. Day in Delaware County during the meeting of the Delaware County Commissioners Monday morning.
Mr. and Mrs. Ken Flowers were with Dr. Bland when the proclamation was read by board chairman Doug Smith, district #1 commissioner. Mrs. Flowers told the group that Dr. Bland will be leaving Delaware County shortly to practice medicine in Africa alongside his daughter, an ob/gyn doctor of medicine.
In other matters:
• A reap grant accepted for rural water districts #1, #12 and #3 in southern Delaware County passed by the board. District #1 will receive $25,000; district #12 will receive $50,000 and district #3 will be receiving $22,000.
• Lakemont Shores Fire Department has accepted a bid from Harbuck Auto out of Vinita for a dually pickup in the amount of $15,950.00.
• An invoice for $5,812.70 will be paid to Guy Engineering for bridge inspections throughout the county.
• A blanket purchase order to Warren Cat for $3,500 for repairs to a backhoe for district #3 was approved.
• The third draw of money from the Department of Emergency Management in the amount of $7,000 for storm shelters was given the okay.
The next meeting of the Delaware County Commissioners will be held on Tuesday, Dec. 13 starting at 9 a.m. in the commissioners office of the Delaware County Courthouse.