Qualifying Grove residents may be able to take advantage of housing rehabilitation grants available through the Delaware County Community Action Partnership.

“There are funds out there that could really do some good for some of our citizens,” said Grove Assistant City Manager Debbie Mavity.

She said the city originally had $184,000 available for low-income homeowners to use for things like roof repairs, weatherization, handicapped access – practically any kind of housing rehabilitation that needs to be done. Out of those monies, only $8,569 has been spent on five projects.

Several more projects are pending, Mavity said, but there is still plenty left for those who need it.

She explained that citizens must meet an income requirement and live in their own homes to qualify.

“Seniors, disabled people and single mothers take precedence,” she added.

Applications for the grants are processed through the Community Action Partnership in Jay, Mavity said, but Grove residents may pick up applications at City Hall.

“We will help people to fill out applications if they come by our office,” Mavity said.

The money for the grants is provided by the federal government through HUD, she noted.

Grove City Hall is located at 104 West Third Street in downtown Grove. For more information contact Northeast Oklahoma Community Action Agency, Inc., 856 E. Melton, Suite C in Jay, phone number 918-253-4683 or contact Grove City Hall at 786-6107.