JAY – Delaware County Commissioners moved forward on the development of a TIF district, adopting an agreement between the county and the Peninsula Resort & Club on Grand Lake and amending the project cost during a regular meeting Monday morning.
Delaware County District #2 Commissioner Billy Cornell abstained from voting on the next two steps of the TIF formation, which is designed to help finance the development of the former Shangri-La Resort on Monkey Island.
District #1 Commissioner Ken Crowder and District #3 Dave Kendrick voted to approve the amended cost of the project’s advancement, which was originally $100,000, to $250,000.
The two also approved a resolution adopting a redevelopment agreement between the county and the Peninsula Resort & Club on Grand Lake.
Commissioner Cornell asked Center for Economic Development Law Representative Dan Batchelor whether the agreement should come before the creation of the TIF trust.
Batchelor told him that the agreement should be in place with the developer before the trust is formed.
Forming the trust will be next step to putting the TIF district in place. The trust will oversee the project. Batchelor informed the board that the trust will also have the opportunity to approve or veto the agreement for the redevelopment project.
In other matters:
• Eucha Fire Department will transfer $8,000 from Maintenance & Operation in to Capital Outlay.
• District #1 transferred funds within the highway cash fund in the amount of $400 for transferring communications lines to the new county barn.
• Roberto Bravo was approved to bid on land not sold at the lake sale. The property consists of one lot in Lakemont Shores for the amount of $75.
• Bids will be let for striping county roads for a period of six months.
• Two items were tabled for one more week, including a notice to proceed to APAC for the Seneca Cayuga road project in District #1 and the approval of entering into a contract with Spirit Architecture for a security study for the Delaware County Courthouse.
The next meeting of the Delaware County Commissioners will be held on Mon., July 28, 2008 at 9 a.m. in the Commissioners office of the Delaware County Courthouse.