JAY – Commissioners approved entering into an agreement for detention services between Delaware County and Osage County for juvenile detention at a regular meeting Monday morning.
In other business, they set up a cash account for Delaware County Emergency Management. The account will be used to deposit a donation from the Cherokee Nation to install storm sirens in the city of West Siloam Springs.
The board received numerous bids on a jackhammer for District #1. The item was tabled for review until next week.
Also tabled was the acceptance of a bid on a building project for the Flint Ridge Fire Department.
A claim for equipment purchased through the revolving fund for District #1 was approved.
A tort claim for a grader in District #3 damaged by fire was turned over to the insurance company.
Highway cash was set up for November in the amount of $62,063.30 for each district.
Blanket purchase orders were approved for the month as well.
In other matters Monday morning:
• A utility permit to Tom Thomasson for a road cut for a water line was approved contingent upon receiving his bond.
• The signing of a publication sheet for the Delaware County Financial Statement for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2008 was approved, along with an estimate of needs for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2009.
• A notice of publication for a budget hearing set for Nov. 5 at 8:30 a.m. was approved.
• Sealed bids will be let on striping for a period of 6 months.
• Amendment #2 to the detention/incarceration agreement for fiscal year 2009 between the Delaware County Sheriff and Cherokee Nation Marshall Services was approved.
• The signing of a claim requesting payment for the State Line Road in District #1 was approved.
The next regular meeting of the Delaware County Commissioners will be held on Mon., Nov. 3 starting at 9 a.m. in the Commissioners Office of the Delaware County Courthouse.