CLAREMORE — A state report shows a Rogers County mother accused in the September death of her 2-month-old daughter while intoxicated drove to Tulsa before the baby died, attended a party, and drank 20 cans of beer.

A report released Wednesday by the Oklahoma Commission on Children and Youth shows Kristi Hiser, 21, was repeatedly drunk.

According to the report:

When Trinity Hiser died Sept. 6, she and her mother were living with a friend. Hiser told authorities she had been living with one of her siblings and had been kicked out.

Hiser started drinking beer between 5 and 6 p.m. Sept. 5. About 8:45 p.m., Hiser took Trinity to a baby sitter and picked her up about 1:30 a.m.

She then returned to the Claremore residence between 2 and 3 a.m. and placed the baby beside her on a pallet on the floor.

About 7:45 a.m., Hiser’s friend pushed her off of Trinity and discovered the child was not breathing.

Hiser is charged in Rogers County District Court in Claremore with second-degree manslaughter in connection with her daughter’s death. She remains in the Rogers County jail on $100,000 bail. A preliminary hearing is set for Feb. 18.

Not her first brush with authorities

Referrals or inquires about Hiser were made with the state Department of Human Services, Oklahoma Supreme Court Network and the Kay County Department of Human Services office.

On April 7, 2006, Hiser’s 3-week-old child — a sibling of Trinity — was ill. A Kay County DHS worker contacted Hiser. A Kay County DHS worker noted in her records that family members accused Hiser of drinking "like a fish.”

Also according to the report, Hiser was accused of:

*    Not bathing the baby.

*    Not changing the baby’s diapers.

*    Not feeding or holding the infant.

*    Putting pillows over her ears so she could not hear the infant cry.

*    Refusing to take prescription medication for her mental illness.

*    Using crack cocaine during the first four months of her pregnancy.

When the baby cried, Hiser reportedly yelled for the baby to "shut up,” and said that she wished she had never had the baby.

On the day of the contact with the Kay County DHS worker, Hiser reportedly left home with the baby in the stroller and walked out in the rain.

DHS records note the baby appeared happy and healthy with no bruises or concerning marks on her body. DHS records also note the baby’s needs were being met by a relative.

Relatives told DHS in 2006 that Hiser "would do drugs and would return home intoxicated” and "had drunk beer every night while she stayed in their home.”

Hiser’s relatives told DHS they "feared Hiser would grab the baby and walk out in the middle of the night with the baby,” so the relatives moved the crib into their bedroom.

The relatives filed for emergency custody of the baby and gave Hiser an ultimatum to find a job or move out.

Hiser then reportedly left and moved in with another relative. She also refused to contact DHS and attend a permanent custody court hearing where relatives sought permanent guardianship of the infant.

The fate of this infant is unknown. It is DHS policy not to comment on infant custody cases.

Sheila Stogsdill can be reached at or at (918) 787-9581.