JAY – Delaware County Commissioners discussed trucks for county fire departments and fund transfers during their regular meeting Monday morning.
The Zena Fire Department will be purchasing a new pumper truck in the amount of $55,000 from Emergency Resources, a company based out of Claremore.
Commissioners also approved the transfer of $10,000 from the ZFD Maintenance and Operation account into Capital Outlay for the purchase.
Jay Fire Department received the nod from the board to amend a lease purchase agreement between that department and Ferrara Fire Apparatus. A previous agreement was scrapped because it contained an incorrect amount that has now been corrected. The purchase price of the fire truck is $288,640 and the lease purchase price amounts to $360,800.
In other matters, the board:
• Approved a transfer of funds within County General in the amount of $13,645.33 from their Health and Life Insurance and Maintenance and Operation accounts into the Workman’s Compensation and Community Center accounts.
• Approved a resolution concerning regularly scheduled meeting dates of the Delaware County Commissioners for 2009. The dates will be the first Monday of each week except for scheduled holidays.
Tabled items included:
• A motion to approve the platting of a new subdivision known as “The Points Phase 3” located in District #1. No one was present with the plats for approval.
• A motion to approve Selection of Choice for county bridge inspection for 2009. Commissioners wanted to make some phone calls regarding the firm before making a decision.
• An action concerning a motion to enter into an owner/contractor agreement between the commissioners and Allied Roofing Systems for the Jay Community Center.
• A motion to discuss a petition to quiet the title in a civil matter was tabled due to an incorrect case number on the agenda. This will also allow the district attorney’s office a week to review the case before coming back to the commissioners with the matter.
The next meeting of the Delaware County Commissioners will be held on Mon., Dec. 8 starting at 9 a.m. in the Commissioners Office of the Delaware County Courthouse.