1. How did you end up at Grand Lake?
The short answer is that I came here to be the district attorney.
2. What are your thoughts on Grand Lake and where do you see us in the next five or 10 years?
I see us improving our position in this State as a vacation destination or a place to relocate. Not only is the lake and gaming a big factor in this, but the Monkey Island TIF should provide a nice getaway with the construction of the Shangri-La Clubhouse, hotel and convention center.
3. What are your daily responsibilities?
Elected District Attorney in Delaware and Ottawa County’s. There are 27 D.A.’s in the county, only three of them have one county.
4. What was your very first job?
Eleven or twelve, stood outside Squeeky Clean Car Wash with my shammy drying cars off.
5. Who do you think of as your mentor(s)?
A college professor by the name of Jeff Carmichael. The advice he gave me at that time in my life, where I was making some serious life decisions.
6. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
First thing is to be more cognizant of time and spend more time with my family.
7. In your position what do you consider the greatest opportunities? Greatest challenges?
The greatest opportunity is to help people and the greatest challenge is figuring out those people who you are going to really be able to help and be able to change their life and put them down the right path.
8. Tell us something about you most people don’t know?
In high school I was the FHA Outstanding Member of the Year.
9. If you could choose a different career, other than what you’re doing now, what would it be?
I would probably be a cattle rancher
10. If you were stuck on island on the lake, what three people would you want to be stuck with and why?
Of course, my wife and my son and my mother-in-law.
Who will get profiled next week? Check back for a new “10 Questions” in each Friday paper and at www.grovesun.com.