1. How did you end up at Grand Lake? I was looking for a hospital laboratory job in 1995 and responded to an ad for a job here.
2. What are your thoughts on Grand Lake and where do you see us in the next five or 10 years? I love Grove and the Grand Lake area for its beauty and sense of security. I hope it doesn’t change at all.
3. What are your daily responsibilities? I do infection prevention, safety, and employee health at the hospital.
4. What was your very first job? I worked as a microbiology laboratory assistant in college.
5. Who do you think of as your mentor(s)? My high school chemistry teacher.
6. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
I would have x-ray vision.
7. In your position, what do you consider the greatest opportunities? Greatest challenges? The greatest opportunity as well as the greatest challenge in healthcare is preventing disease and promoting health in our community.
8. Tell us something about you most people don’t know? I’m from a town where the population is 23.
9. If you could choose a different career, other than what you’re doing now, what would it be? I would work at the Centers for Disease Control as an epidemiologist.
10. If you were stuck on island on the lake, what three people would you want to be stuck with and why?
Robinson Crusoe for his survival skills
Jerry Seinfeld because he makes me laugh
Dave Barry because he makes me laugh even more.
Who will get profiled next week? Check back for a new “10 Questions” in each Friday paper and at www.grovesun.com.