The Jay School Board filled several positions during the August meeting with the hiring of 11 new employees.
The board met in executive session for more than 45 minutes on Thursday, Aug. 10, and when they returned announced the new hires:Grand Head Start Federal Program Assistant Teacher – Miami campus, Jeannie Robinson. Grand Head Start Federal Program Non-Certified Teacher, Miami campus, Jennifer Trease. Grand Head Start Federal Program Aide, Miami campus, Mary Akers. Special Education Instructor, Christina Wright. Middle School Math Certified Instructor, Laura McCrary. Para Professional, Kailey Wilson. Custodians, Elijah Haikey and DJ Bearpaw. Bus drivers, Ruth Robinson and Michella Morgan. Elementary Teacher Aide, Anna Denny.
The board also approved a $1.22 per hour raise for the support staff.
Grand Head Start Federal Program employees Lindsey Knight was reassigned from program aide to assistant teacher at the Commerce Center and Kortney Christiansen from program aide to assistant teacher at the Quapaw Center.
In other employment matters, the board accepted the resignations of Rachael Webb, Carmen Wiford, Robbie Studie, Melody Turtle, Elizabeth Buchanan and Crystal Wickham.
Also approved was an agreement with District Level Services Program Agreement with Cooperative Council for Oklahoma School.
“We will pay $2,000 and some of the benefits include legal and financial services and teacher recruitment,” said Larry Shackelford, superintendent.
Shackelford also announced that two busses have been outfitted with surveillance cameras.
Also approved was Grand Head Start's salary scale pending COLA increases.
The school also voted to amend a contract with the city of Jay for a resource officer at a cost of $2,600 per month.
The board also approved:
• Cooperative Agreement/Title III Consortium Member District Board Approval form.
• Tentative agreement between Jay Professional Association of Classroom Teachers and the Jay Board of Education Bargaining Unit.
• Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages contract.
• Amending the Middle School and High School handbooks.
• Contract with Preferred Pediatrics Home Health Care, Inc. for a nursing services.
• Memorandum of Understanding between Oklahoma Ordinance Works Authority for STEM Lab Kits.
• Contract for Secondary Career and Technology Education Programs.