Members of the Grove School Board will vote on filling several teaching and administrative positions during this week's school board meeting.
The meeting will take place at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, June 12 at the Grove Administration Building located on 210 S. Broadway in Grove.
Positions to be approved are: Lower and Upper Elementary Assistant Principals; a high school counselor on a temporary contract; high school Math and Science teachers on temporary contracts; an upper elementary teacher and teacher assistant on temporary contracts; two lower elementary teachers, both on temporary contacts and one pending Oklahoma certification; and the transfer of the Indian Education Teacher to an Upper Elementary Teacher position.
The board will also vote on hiring two summer custodians.
In other employment issues, the board will vote whether to approve a stipend for principals, assistant principals, Federal Programs Director and Special Education Director in order to complete reports for the 2017-18 school year.
In financial matters, the board will vote whether to renewal the lease agreements with Bank of Grand Lake for the Administration Building Lease/Purchase, maturity date May 15, 2019 and the turf field, maturity date Aug. 1, 2024.
Also lease agreements with Grand Savings Bank for lease/purchase of buses, maturity date Dec. 16, 2020 and the lease/purchase of a Vo-Ag truck, maturity date July 28, 2022.
The board will also vote to approve quotes for insurance on buildings, vehicles and liability and whether to renew a sublease agreement dated July 2, 2015 with the Delaware County Educational Facilities Authority for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2019.
Other items to be approved are:
• a Professional Development Plan for the 2018-19 school year.
• the renewing membership to Oklahoma State School Board Association and the Oklahoma Public Schools Unemployment Compensation Account.
• the continuing coverage with OSAG as Worker's Compensation Company.
• contract with Precision Testing Laboratories, Inc.
• an agreement with Weaver Drug Testing Lab Service for bus driver and student drug testing.
• transferring $2,445.65 from the Band Trip Account #971 to the Band Activity Account #905.