Members of the Grove Police Department, along with the Grove citizen’s police academy alumni, will host the 2018 Grove citizens’ police academy for six weeks beginning at 6 p.m., Thursday, March 8, to Thursday, April 12.
During the six week session, the academy will focus on the following:
• SRT (tact team) – class and practicum
• 911 and communications (police dispatch)
• Tactical Building search- class and practicum
• Milo shooting simulator (good shoot/bad shoot)
• Officer survival /traffic stops- class and practicum
• Crime scene processing (CSI) –Criminal Investigations
• Domestic Violence investigations – class and demo
This academy is designed to inform and educate members of the community about the day to day job of the police officer.
The academy is an interactive session, with multiple opportunities for hands on demonstrations. Participants become the police officer in the practicums and get to experience in a controlled environment the role of a law enforcement officer.
For more information, persons interested may apply on line at www.grovecpaaa.com or pick up an application at the Grove Police Department, 11 East Third, Grove. Applicants are asked to return completed forms by Tuesday, March 6.