A special meeting was set during this week's regular Grove School District board meeting for the purpose of interviewing superintendent applications.
The board approved the meeting for 8 a.m., Saturday, Jan. 20 at the Grove Administration Building. Deadline for applications is Friday, Jan. 5.
In October, Superintendent Sandy Coaly announced her retirement effective June 30, 2018. Coaly has been an educator for 41 years.
One of Coaly’s biggest achievements during her 11 year stint at Grove is the passage of a $15.77 million, 10-year bond issue to build a $12 million auditorium. The Performing Arts Center is also outfitted with a 5,100 square foot storm shelter.
It was announced during Tuesday’s meeting a Performing Arts Center Open House will be held at 7 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 16.
In financial business, the board approved a one-time stipend of $557.66 for full-time certified employees and a stipend of $286.95 for part-time certified and support employees, including lay coaches and retired teachers hired before the October school board meeting.
The board hired Amanda Shambles as a paraprofessional.
The board also approved:
• a resolution authorizing Coaly as the official representative for the Title VII Impact Aid application.
• participation in the E-Rate Program and renewing contract with Northeast Oklahoma Electric Cooperative.
• an updated job description for the school district.
• an updated Grove Employee Support Personnel Association Negotiations book.
• establishing an activity account identified as Technology Student Usage Fee.
Board member Terry Jones was absent for the meeting.