Several new hires are slated for discussion on Tuesday, Oct. 10, during the October meeting of the Grove Public School board of education.
The meeting is set for 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Grove Administration Building located on 210 South Broadway.
The positions slated for approval include:
• a Title III Bilingual Liaison with a $3,000 stipend.
• a seven hour cafeteria worker.
• a bus driver.
• a part-time teacher assistant/accompanist.
• a skilled paraprofessional.
• a part-time elementary counselor.
• an extra duty a head sixth grade boys' basketball coach.
The board is also slated to talk about a volunteer lay assistant junior high and high schools boys' wrestling coach position and Superintendent Sandy Coaly’s contract.
In other employment related business, the board will consider whether to approve a fringe employment benefit increase.
Other items slated for approval include the appropriated budget and estimate of needs for the 2017-18 fiscal year and the School Resource Officer contract with the City of Grove.
The board is also expected to discuss the following:
• Student drop out report.
• Substitute Teacher list.
• Memorandum of Agreement with AmeriCorps Lead to Read program.
• Revising the Officials' Pay Schedule with the addition of a concession manager.
• Sanctioning the Grove High School Fishing Team.
• Contract for Career and Technology Education Programs. .
• Negotiations with GCTA.