Two school trips, as well as a facility rental agreement for the newly completed PAC, are among the items set for discussion when the Grove Board of Education meets on Thursday, Sept. 12.
The meeting, set for 7 p.m., will take place in the administration building 310 South Broadway, Grove.
The travel in question include a possible FFA trip to the National FFA Convention Oct. 24 to 27 in Indianapolis, Indiana, and a jazz band trip to Hawaii on May 2 to 6.
The PAC agreement is designed to provide standards, as well as fees, for groups using the PAC for non-school events.
During the meeting, the board will consider several employment positions including: three paraprofessionals; a teacher’s assistant; a bus driver; a seven-hour cook; a full-time night custodian; a head boys soccer lay coach.
Those items are slated to be discussed during a closed, executive session, but voted upon during the regular meeting.
Other items on the agenda include:
• possible approval of a quote for Avignon Security camera expansion.
• setting the math, science or computer credits to meet graduation requirements for students enrolled in those courses at the Northeast Technology Center in Afton.
• considering an alternative education plan for the 2017-18 school year.
• consideration of the Resident Teacher Committee and a textbook committee for this school year.
• the possible approval of Grove Superintendent Sandy Coaly, Patti Beamer and Kathie Hanna to serve as the representatives with the Oklahoma State Department of Education concerning child nutrition issues.
• approval of a contract for the school resource officers with the City of Grove.
• consideration of all of the activity fund accounts and the respective purposes for the current school year.
• the possible sanctioning of the following organizations: Grove Track Booster Club, Grove Tip In Club, Ridgerunner Wrestling Club, Lady Red Basketball Booster Club, Ridgerunner Baseball Club, Lady Red Softball Booster Club, Grove High School Soccer Booster Club, Grove Interact/Grove Rotary Foundation, Grove Cheer Booster Club, Grove Band Booster Club, Grove Tennis, Professional Educators of Grove, Ridgerunner Golf Booster Club and Grove Football Booster.
• consider an agreement for officiating and officials pay schedule.
• a discussion concerning extra duty contracts, based upon a revised list submitted by principals/directors and approved by Coaly.
• consideration of possible actions regarding negotiations with GESPA and GCTA.