A Colcord teen was injured and a Jay man killed in two separate incidents on Oklahoma roadways.

Kaley Williams, 17, a student at Colcord High School, was injured at approximately 7:54 a.m., on Friday, Aug. 11, in a one-vehicle accident while Jacob Dean Reece, 22, Jay, died at approximately 12:33 a.m., on Friday, Aug. 11, in a one-vehicle collision.

According to the report issued by Oklahoma Highway Patrol Micah Stinnett, the incident involving Williams took place near the intersection of U.S. Highway 59 and County Road 602 approximately six miles south of Jay.

Stinnett said Williams was traveling northbound on U.S. Highway 59, in a 2007 Hyundai, when she failed to negotiate a right curve, departed roadway left, and struck a utility pole.

Stinnett said Williams condition was "apparently normal" and listed the cause of the collision as "unsafe speed, rain or wet roadway."

The vehicle was equipped with seat belts and airbags, both were used/deployed at the time of the incident.

Williams was transported by members of the Grove Emergency Medical Services to Freeman Hospital in Joplin, Missouri, where she was later transferred to Cox Hospital in Springfield, Missouri. 

Williams was admitted in critical condition with head, trunk external and truck internal injuries, as well as arm and leg injuries.

Stinnett was assisted by OHP Trooper Eric Gibe, and members of the Jay Fire Department, and Jay Emergency Medical Services.

Fatality in Pittsburg Co.

In the incident involving Reece, the report issued by OHP trooper James McKee indicates the 2015 Dodge SUV driven by Lisa Ann Parker, 48, Bogata Texas, was southbound on the Indian Nation Turnpike, near mile marker 44, in the inside lane, in Pittsburg County.

McKee said Parker struck Reece, who at the time of the incident, was laying in the inside lane for an unknown reason.

Parker was not injured in the incident. Reece was declared dead at the scene due to injuries sustained in the accident.

McKee lists the cause of the collision as "pedestrian action."

McKee was assisted by OHP LT. Robert Darst and medical examiner Richard Box.