A variety of back to school issues will top the Aug. 8 agenda for the Grove Public School Board of Education.
Board members will meet at 7 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 8, at the Grove Administration Building on 310 South Broadway, Grove.
Among the items set for the agenda include authorizing Grove Superintendent Sandy Coaly to sign all of the current fiscal year expenditure reports, disbursements and cash receipts with the Oklahoma Department of Education.
Other items for discussion include considering an independent contractor and service agreement with the staff of INTEGRIS Jim Thrope Rehabilitation, approval of a re-manufactured CAT 3126 diesel bus engine replacement, a short-term student suspension review committee, an internal activity review committee for extra curricular activities, the Gifted/Talented Advisory committee for the upcoming school year, and the approval of the Healthy and Fit Schools Advisory/Safe School Committee.
The board will also consider adopting several policies, as revised by the district’s law firm Rosenstein, Fist and Ringold, including: those involving the organization of the school board, child nutrition, student promotion and retention, sale of property, criminal records search/fair labor standards act compliance, student enrollment and residency, discrimination, harassment and retaliation and file sharing.
Board members will also discuss several employment issues including:
• two teacher’s assistants (no grade listed)
• a mid-school softball and baseball coach.
• a mid-school social studies teacher on temporary contract.
• a mid-school cheer coach.
• a mid-school English/language arts instructor on temporary contract.
• a ninth grade cheer coach extra duty.
• a special education teacher on temporary contract.
• a part-time Title 1 teacher on temporary contract.
• three bus drivers.
• two full-time night custodians
• two full-time paraprofessionals
• a high school in-school intervention supervisor
• a high school English teacher on temporary contract.
Additionally, the board will consider a list of extra duty contracts for the 2017-18 school year, and if part-time retired personnel will receive seven personal days not to be carried over or sold for the 2017-18 school year.