A Jay attorney, with ties to Grove, was found dead of a gunshot wound outside of his law firm on Sunday, July 23 in Jay.

According to information released by Jay Police Chief Mike Shambaugh, William C. "Bill" Reppart, Jr., 64, of Grove was found dead of a gunshot wound lying outside his business in Jay.

Reppart is one of the owners of Davis and Thompson Law Firm, which has an office on the Delaware County Courthouse Square in Jay.

Shambaugh said his officers received a call at approximately 8:20 p.m., to make a welfare check on Reppart.

Shambaugh said members of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation were called in to help process the scene.

"We do that anytime there is a shooting that could possibly be questionable," Shambaugh said. "It's just standard."

As of Tuesday, Shambaugh said no foul play was suspected in the incident, but the final determination would not be made until the medical examiner completes the autopsy.

Shambaugh would not answer additional questions, as of presstime, referring all questions back to his initial release.

"The investigation is ongoing," Shambaugh said, "I can't tell you anything other than [the statement]. That's all the information I'm giving out.

"I stand behind my press release. Whenever something else comes out, I'll give you more."

More about Reppart

A native of Topeka, Kansas, Reppart graduated in 1993 from Washburn University School of Law with honors in 1993.

He was admitted to the Kansas and Missouri Bar in 1994 and the Oklahoma Bar in 1995.

Reppart specialized in business law, estate planning and estate administration (probate).

From JPD

Officers from the Jay Police Department responded to welfare check call on a 64 year old Grove man at his place of business in Jay.

Upon arriving, officers found William Reppart lying behind his business unresponsive from an apparent gunshot wound.

Police Chief Mike Shambaugh states a request was made to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation to process the scene.

Shambaugh stated that foul play was not suspected at this time but a final determination will be made after results are released from the State Medical Examiners Office. - Released by Jay Police Chief Mike Shambaugh on Monday, July 24.