The 50th Annual Huckleberry Festival will take place from Friday, June 30, to Tuesday, July 4, in Jay.
All events take place as noted. A majority of the events take place either on the Delaware County Courthouse Lawn, in downtown Jay, or at the Robinett Family Center (RFC), located at 42162 Oklahoma Highway 127, outside of Jay.
Friday, June 30 to Tuesday, July 4
• Huckleberry Carnival - RFC Parking Lot
The Huckleberry Festival kicks off with the carnival, at the RFC Pavilion Parking Lot from Friday, June 30 to Tuesday, July 4.
Wristband nights take place from 6 to 10 p.m., Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Wristbands are $20 in advance and $25 at the box office. Pre-sale wristbands are good for one evening, and are available at Grand Savings Bank and Arvest Bank through 5 p.m. Friday, June 30.
The carnival is open from late afternoon to early evening each day, depending upon the heat. It typically stays open until midnight, depending upon the crowds.
Friday and Saturday, June 30 to July 1
• RFC Music Festival
The weekend will also include the RFC Music Fest, from 6 p.m. to Midnight on Friday, and 2 p.m. to midnight on Saturday. Advance tickets are $30, with day of show tickets at $35.
Saturday, July 1
• all day - Shopping cart bingo, Homeland Grocery Store;
• 6 a.m. - Huckleberry Run registration, J.B. Earp Stadium;
• 7 to 11 a.m. - Pancake Breakfast, Senior Citizens building;
• 7:30 a.m. - Huckleberry Run, J.B. Earp Stadium;
• 8 a.m. to noon - Huckleberry Car Show registration, Courthouse square;
• 8:30 to 9 a.m. - Huckleberry Pie Contest registration, Mariee Wallace Museum; Frog Jump registration, DC Friendship Home.
• 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Huckleberry Arts & Crafts, Community Center;
• 9 a.m. - Huckleberry Pie Contest, Mariee Wallace Museum; Frog Jump, DC Friendship Homes;
• 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Gunny Sack Races, McDonalds.
• 10 a.m. - Huckleberry Parade, Main Street, Downtown Jay: Turtle Derby Registration, Pizza Hut;
• 10:30 a.m. - Ice Cream & Huckleberry, Grand River Abstract; Pie Auction, Courthouse Square;
• 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. - Hamburgers and Hot Dogs, Senior Citizens Building;
• 11 a.m. - Huckleberry Milkshakes, Mariee Wallace Museum;
• 11 a.m. - Huckleberry Jam, Community Center Lawn:
• 11:15 a.m. - 34th Annual Turtle Derby, Pizza Hut:
• Noon - Hog Fry, Jay Masonic Lodge;
• 12:30 p.m. - GSB’s Digging for Worms, Grand Savings Bank.
• 1 p.m. - Hot Dog Eating Contest, Joe’s Y Store
• 2 p.m. - Arvest Carry an Okie, RFC Pavilion Parking Lot
• 2:30 p.m. - Horse Shoe Tournament, RFC Main Outdoor Stage (Music Festival Participants Only)
• 3 p.m. - Root Beer Chug-A-Lug Contest, Sonic:
• 4 p.m. - Firefighter Kids Spray, Jay City Park:
• 9 p.m. - Fireworks, RFC Main Outdoor Stage.
Sunday, July 2
The arts and crafts show will take place from noon to 5 p.m., at the Jay Community Center.
Monday, July 3
At 9:30 p.m., Monday, July 3, the Green Country Giggers will host a parade and fireworks show at the Lake Eucha Bridge.
Tuesday, July 4
Events on Tuesday, July 4, include the free country and gospel music show at the RFC Center from 6 to 9:30 p.m., with fireworks concluding at 9:30 p.m.
For more information, persons interested may call the Jay Chamber of Commerce office at 918-253-8698.