Five ways to have fun this weekend.
1. Opening in theaters this weekend is “The Fate of the Furious” rated PG-13, the latest in the Fast and Furious franchise; for kids is the animated PG film, “Spark: A Space Tail” about a teenage monkey and his friends on a mission to regain a kingdom overtaken by an evil overlord; and lastly is “Colossal,” an R-rated sci-fi comedy starring Anne Hathaway as a woman who discovers that severe catastrophic events are somehow connected to her mental breakdown
2. Saturday is Tax Day, but thankfully for procrastinators, taxes aren’t officially due until Tuesday the 18. If you need to get your taxes done this weekend and want to keep the kids busy (or want to celebrate already being done), we suggest having a money-themed game night. Our top suggestion is “Monopoly,” but there are other great games - “Payday,” “Railroad Tycoon” and many others.
3. Laughter has many benefits and on Friday you should reap them for International Moment of Laughter Day. Tell a few jokes or watch your favorite comedy movie or TV show.
4. The NBA playoffs begin Saturday, and there will be a handful of games then and on Sunday. The NHL playoffs also just kicked off, so there’s plenty of high-stakes action. Also on TV this weekend are MLB and MLS games. Check your TV listings or the Internet for schedules.
5. Easter is this Sunday, and there are plenty of things to do: paint Easter eggs, get baskets ready, visit the Easter Bunny, go to church, prepare Easter dinner, etc.