United Keetoowah Band of Cherokee Indians in Oklahoma college or vocational students need to turn in their Higher Education Scholarship Applications by Thursday, January 8th at 5 p.m.  Students enrolled during the fall semester must bring in an official transcript and their spring schedule.  Students just beginning Higher Education Classes:

 1. Must complete a UKB Education Application each academic year.

 2. Shall make application for admittance to an accredited university or college.

 3. Must apply for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA application) through the university or college’s financial aid office.  Student must provide documentation.

4. Apply for BIA funds through Cherokee Nation (CNO currently receives funds for our members).  Student must provide documentation beginning with school year 2007-08.

5. Shall submit a copy of their CDIB; UKB tribal membership card; and their Social Security Card.

6. Shall submit an official transcript AND, a copy of their new class schedule.

Students attending college full-time will be awarded $1,500 for each semester, those attending part time will be awarded $750.  For more information, call the UKB Education Department at (918) 456-8698.