A women’s conference in Jay this weekend will feature a well known inspirational speaker and worship leader, Carol Salee.
Salee will be just one of the speakers at Abundant Power Event for Women will be held Saturday, November 7 from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Bulldog Arena.
The conference will include worship by Amy Hill along with special music by Elizabeth Montgomery, both well known in Christian ministry.
A number of workshops, focusing on issues of interest to women will also be held simultaneously throughout the day according to organizer Kathy Dunaway-Knight.
“We don’t want women to miss the opportunity to learn and fellowship with other women,” said Knight.
Organizers of the conference include women from Delaware County sisters in Christ. This is the second year for the event which drew more then 250 women last year, according to Knight.
Tickets for the conference are $10 which includes lunch and can be purchased at Fishers of Men and Picture Framing and More in Grove or Pricila’s Gifts in Jay. Tickets at the door are $15.
Topics for Workshop Sessions include:
1. “Desire the Fire” Twelve Practical Steps to have a more intimate walk with God. Led by Pricila Morgan. Offered both times.
2a. “Singleness” Led by Rev. Delana Taylor McNac and offered once
2b. “Staying Open to God’s Leading in Your Life” Rev McNac offered once
3. “Journaling with Jesus” Learn how keeping a daily prayer journal can deepen your relationship with God. Led by Carol Round and offered twice
4. “Living Your Life and Loving It- The Secret to Living the Abundant Life” Led by Pastor Janet Lay and offered twice
5. Worship & The Word: A Lifestyle- Bulldog Arena
Do you think of worship as only happening on Sundays? Does God’s Word speak to you from more than just your pastor’s sermons? Carol’s passion about the Word of God and Amy’s love of worship might be just what you need to step outside of the box in your spiritual life! Join us as we discover practical and fun ways to make “Worship and The Word” a lifestyle!
6a. “Mission Possible” It is possible to have missions where you are planted. Led by Ruth Matthews
6b. “Time is on Your Side” Do you feel like you don’t have enough time in the day to get things done? This session will touch on time management strategies but will also remind us what the truly important things are in life. Remember time is on your side. Led by Jennifer Daftari
7a “Power of Prayer” Scriptural references surrounding prayer and what it means to the believer. It will also be the God given authority we have when we pray in Jesus’ name. We can move mountains in our life. Led by Elizabeth Montgomery
7b. “Somebody’s Praying for You.” The Somebody’s Praying session is about how we pray one for another. We will divide up into groups where we pray together as a group and then individually.
8. “Marriage, This is Not What I Expected! Insight and hope from God’s word to build a better marriage and help understand that man in your life. Led by Kent and Lynn Hendren.
9. Raising a Peaceful Family in a Chaotic World
Frustrated mothers often comment, “I wish a parenting manual came with my child.” Good news - there is such a manual. It is called the Bible.
Come discuss the plans God has for your children, and how you can tap into His child-rearing strategies. Led by Cindy Shero
10. Leave a Tip Not a Toe - HE is still working on me to make me what I ought to be. I will share 2 ways you can please God with the way we live. We are a work in progress and I want to encourage you to carry on. Led by Dorothy Hardbarger