Sponsored by Grand Lake Wordsmiths Unlimited
Prizes for each contest:
1st Prize $50; 2nd Prize $30; 3rd Prize $20
Short Story (Fiction) Guidelines
Open to all subjects and all genres. Minimum length 2000 words, maximum length 4000 words.
Open to any theme, any style, rhymed or unrhymed
Maximum length 45 lines
General Contest Rules
1. Both contests are open to adults aged 18 or over.
2. Entrants must reside in either Delaware or Ottawa Counties
3. All entries must be previously unpublished, and unaccepted for publication at the time of submission.
4. Entrants may submit one manuscript per category.
1. Manuscripts must be typed, using a 12-point font such as Times Roman or Ariel, on one side of 81/2” x 11” white paper. Lines must be double-spaced (single-spaced for poetry).
2. Pages must be numbered on the top right-hand corner of the page. First page should include the title of the piece and the word count for short stories, line count for poetry.
3. Contact details, name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address if applicable, should be included on a separate sheet. No author identification may appear on any manuscript page.
Closing Date for Entries: January 31, 2010. Winners will be notified by March 5, 2010
Mail entries to: 305 North Elm, Fairland, OK 74343.
Include a SASE with sufficient postage if you wish your manuscript returned.
For more information visit: http://glwultd.blogspot.com
Grand Lake Wordsmiths Unlimited meet at the Community Center in Grove on the 4th Tuesday of every month (except December), new members are always welcome.